Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Husband and Parker's Daddy

I fell in love with my husband on a whole new level the moment I saw the look on his face when he first held our little Parker. He had the most glorious smile and eyes brimming with tears. TJ is the most gentle, tender, patient and fun daddy a boy could ask for. Yesterday afternoon as TJ was walking in from work, Parker was almost asleep so I was headed to lay him down. TJ said, just a minute let me give him one little kiss. I was secretly thinking, Really? He's almost asleep but I walked over and TJ gave him a sweet little kiss on the forehead and I then went and laid him in his bed. Normally around this part of the day Parker will sleep for a good hour and a half. This is when I can water my flowers, pick up and just catch up chatting with TJ about how our days went. I ran outside to water my flowers and when I came back in TJ was in Parker's room. As I was walking towards his room I had a look on my face that stated, are you crazy...I just got him to sleep. I stood the doorway, TJ's back toward me, he was leaning over Parker's bed saying, "Hey my little bud, did you and mommy have a good day? I missed you so much." About that time giggles from Parker erupted and my heart felt like it is going to burst. Our little man is IN LOVE with his daddy. I think one of the most beautiful things in my life has been watching TJ fall into the love of being a daddy. Being parents is a whole different experience, more than anything we've ever had the privilege to take on or dive into. It's one thing, being responsible for yourself and your own needs. It's another thing entirely, to know that you have a child that is absolutely dependent on you. TJ and I want to be the example that we want our child to grow up to be. Chances are, he'll end up being a lot like us. We want to teach by example and live a life that our child can mimic.

No comments:

Post a Comment